Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

People: Jordan Kassel

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my favorite Kentuckyan: Jordan Kassel. Jordan, I first met you when I got back to school sophomore year when David said "Let me introduce you to my friend Jordan." You were such a good friend to me, in every sense of the word. You showed immense Love to me in the ilk of Jesus by pursuing me where I was at. You did not ask me to come to you, you came, seeing my desire to learn to bake, and was prompt to teach me how to do so. Of all the people in Santa Barbara, you chose to hang out with me frequently and pursue me in a time when I really needed it. You fulfilled a unique void in my life at the time, and I felt so comfortable coming to you with anything; your openness spurred me on to be more open. You were one of the big reasons why I decided to go on SMSP, because the one person that I had met from SMSP was so very Loving. You were not only open with me about how you were doing, what was going on with you, but about your past and your parents' history and about your future plans. You came back and visited near the end of sophomore year and you Loved me all the same. You were with me, wanting to hear updates about my life and we just hung out, as brothers, so often the first and second times you were here. I can say that i probably took more out of our friendship than I was able to give, but I am so incredibly thankful that God has given me the grace of knowing you and of having you be one of the people that have impacted me so intentionally in my time in SB. Perhaps the most Loving thing you ever did toward me was always offered your house. When I told you about my situation during breaks, you were quick to offer up your house, halfway across the country to me. Dude, that's crazy Jesus'like, and I will never forget that type of palpable Love. I pray that God continues to show you where He wants you and gives you a woman that is worthy of your Love. I pray also that God gives me th grace of being able to continue a friendship with you. Something that I have never told you: At the time that I met you I had been really hurt by someone that I thought was a really good friend of mine and turned out not being so. You showing so much Love to me and taking on that role was so important in helping me to move on. When I think back on all we did together and all the ways that you pursued me over the years, I'm kind of amazed and just really thankful for you, Jordan. Also, I regret never going to visit you in Kentucky and I hope that God still gives me the grace to be able to sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment