Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

People: Matt Butin

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. Next up is one of the most Loving men I know, Matt Butin. Matt, you are one heck of a man. I am not sure exactly how I met you, but I still remember when we first hung out at the end of the first quarter of my sophomore year. The absolutely amazing thing about you, Matt, is how you make each person feel as though they are uniquely Loved and cared for, because they are by you. I never had any doubt that you Loved me, again, obligation-less Love. There is something so beautiful about even the notion, and you dulled out so much of it to me and so many others. I remember your name was brought up in my bible study last year, and Jake and I just talked about how we love you. There's just something about you, Matt, that I have always felt Loved when I am with you, even though there are many other people that it would make so much more sense for you to hang out with and even though I really have nothing to offer beyond what God has given me. You were an integral part of one of the best summers of my life, and even this year you have continued to show Love to me, even as we are in different places in life. That is one of the things that stick out to me most when I think of you: Love, personified. You are open about your struggles and how they change you, and it was exceptionally encouraging knowing you as a philosophy major. The simplicity of our hangouts made is so easy to just get into your life, and you always undoubtedly wanted to get into mine, whether through cats cookies, being open, making muffins with me, or just going for a walk and talking this year. Nobody has anything but good things to say about you, Matt, and though we are but friends, I am very thankful that I have had the grace of knowing a man that I have every reason to look up to and respect so much. You always pointed me to Christ and it has always been so evident the way that you care for me, even praying for me whenever I have needed it, and providing for me, at times, much needed advice and hugs. Ultimately, Matt I am very very thankful for all that you have done for me and all of the ways that you have showed me, more than just told me, that you Love me. I pray that God blesses whatever you have with Allison, that He continues to lead you in Holiness and right standing. I pray also that no matter what changes God takes you through, He continues to bless people with the grace of knowing you. Something that I have never told you: When you came and visited me and the others at SMSP it was when I really needed to see people from Santa Barbara. Your presence has always been so calming, and whenever I have doubted what I mean to you, you are quick to remind me in your own ways. I am so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment