Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

People: Will Hori

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a loveable, goofy Asian man, Will Hori. Will, before entering college I would say that you were one of the top 5 most Loving people that i have ever met. That is still just as true now. The reality is that you know how to Love me and you actively do it. Not only did you always give me rides, not only when we hang out, but in high school you would give me rides home so often, but you also have paid for every single meal I have ever eaten with you. Those things have had a deep, lasting impact on me. When you ask about my life, it is not just to ask; you honestly want to know how I am doing and how I feel/think about things. There has never been any doubt of that in my mind. You are goofy in your own right, never taking life more seriously than you ought to, but you also have a deep maturity that speaks for itself. The truth is that you just Love God so much and have continually pointed me to Him, not just in the way that you Love me, which has itself been a way to point me to Christ, but in how you encourage me, challenge me, tell me your opinions, and so much more. I still remember first talking about weekly basketball with you, going to your house on Monday's for a bible study that you were not obligated to give, you just wanted us to know the Bible and how to read it better. That's the thing about you, Will, not only are you one of the most humble people I know, but you just care about me, plain and simple. You care so much more about the well-being of others, often at a detriment to yourself, and that is a picture of Jesus for me. I can honestly say that in the course of our friendship that I have taken more from you than I have given, but because of your character you continued to Love me in every way, never expecting to get anything back from me, but I'm sure rejoicing when you did. I pray that God grants me the grace of knowing you well for as long as I am. I pray also that God blesses you and continues to lead you in all of the ways that His Spirit knows how to. Something that I have never told you: When I first got to know you, I actually did not think that you were Loving. You quickly dissproved that to me and I have never thought in that direction since.

No comments:

Post a Comment