Total Pageviews

Friday, March 29, 2013

People: Kenny Abrahamian

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a true country boy, Kenny Abrahamian. Kenny, I first met you at caje my freshmen year, but I did not really have the grace of getting to know you until my sophomore year. And I am not exaggerating when I say that knowing you has been grace. You have told me so many pieces of advice, so much that still sticks with me today. You were an advocate of the movement of Real Life and were always there to encourage me through the difficult times when they appeared. You showed me much that year to help shape the way I felt about my life and my purpose, and I still remember when we shared testimonies with each other and how much we have offered to each other then and ever since. I learned what humility looks like from you, evidenced by the way that you still help out with Real Life insofar as you have the ability to, cooking at men's retreat the past two years. You have always used the gifts and blessings that God has given you to serve Him, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. I never thought that you got enough credit for what you did; you worked so hard and did so much throughout your four years and even after. You always made sure to encourage me in whatever I have been doing and no matter the frequency that you see me, you always honestly care about how I am doing. That shows so much integrity to me, and that is one thing that I think really defines you-integrity. You have a character that does not seek its own glory, but strives for God and others' glory. Ultimately Kenny you have showed me a lot and taught me tons, sometimes with words, sometimes just by letting the character of Christ shine on through you. I pray that God continues to give you passions and leads you to where he wants you. I also pray that He gives you a woman whose heart is toward Him. Something that I have never told you: There was one time last year when you were driving me to a party after Real Life and I voiced some frustrations to you and you not only encouraged me but bought me In-n-out on the way. That's one example of how you simultaneously Love and teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment