Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2013

People: Andrew Melton

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man whom I know so well, Andrew Melton. Andrew, I first met you freshmen year at an ultimate Frisbee outreach. We became friends, and our friendship has continued to grow ever since. You are one of the few people that I think that I have needed more than you have needed me. You have showed so much Love to me in the way that you have always been willing to give me rides and include me in everything without thinking twice or blinking. Ever since sophomore year we just clicked and became incredibly close. I am very thankful for that, and for the closeness that we have experienced ever since. You were a part of two of the best summers that I have ever had and I am honestly, as I type this, amazed at the way that you have always showed Love to me. I remember how much I used to go to your house the past two years and how that was an example of Love between us. You in your own way, just be being you helped me to be more secure in who I was because of your availability and the way that I never needed to assess if you Loved me; the way that you felt about me was so obvious. You are a man of responsibility and candor that I respect so dang much. It's kind of crazy the relationship that we have shared with each other throughout college, and I have no doubt that our friendship is eternal. I feel so comfortable when I am with you and when I am around you, and there are days that I have had where I have wanted nothing more than to hang out with you. At times of great stress you were there to just do nothing and play call of duty with me. It is so beautiful, the friendship we have shared and the grace that we have each shared with each other therein. From being always mistaken for each other, to summer project, to the stress that you had from school last year, to both applying for summer project this past summer, to living together and seeing you everyday, I have enjoyed every single moment that I have been with you. We have needed to call each other out at times, but we have always showed each other so much grace that covers that. I Love you more than I could hope to write, Melty. I pray that God continues to grow you as you seek Him. I pray that you never stop pursuing Him and remaining humble even as He grows you into a man who is righteous and Loving. And I also pray that He would bring you a woman that you deserve, that reflects the Love that He has for you. Something that I have never told you: I have always looked up to you, but at times in the past I was very jealous as I thought of you as just a better, more complete person than I was. Now, God has given me the grace of just being able to Love you as a brother. You have done so much for me in my life and I just hope that God gives me the grace of being able to give back to you even a tiny smidgen of all of what you have done for me. I just cannot say enough about how much I Love you and how much I utterly value our friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture you used for this. I also love how you are doing these posts.

    ReplyDelete