Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

People: Tyler Moore

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a shy guy, Tyler Moore. Tyler, I first met you at sophomore retreat a few years ago. At the time, you were just a dude in Ian's bible study that he invited, but ever since you have been so much more than that to me. There is just something special about our friendship that I cannot really describe. Your quiet demeanor opens up the door so well to let other people in. That is an amazing aspect of you that not many other people have so readily. You have always been there to talk with me and to humbly serve those around you, only ever offering up a complaint about your school load, and I do not blame you for that. You are such a man in the way that you are humble and in the way that you Love other people, understanding that that might mean that it is at an expense of yourself. Additionally, I can see a heart for God in you, a heart that seeks to make Him known above all else. You have been there for me through several experiences, with your quiet, gentle, soft heart being wide open for me to confide in and be honest with. You have always been willing to play basketball with me no matter the time of night, and even if that is just an excuse for me to hang out with you, and no matter how much you have to do, you just come and allow me to be me. You're not a perfect person, and you understand that, and that is one of the beautiful things about you. Although I do not often hear you vocalize your imperfection, I see you own up to where you are weak, and you are more than willing to ask for help, a sign of leadership. I have always felt that God is going to turn you into a great leader one day, not that you are not one already, but I trust that God will give you more of a role in the forefront because you have spent so much time being humble behind the scenes. You play basketball like you live, doing all of the dirty work so that other people can enjoy themselves and the fruit of your life more than even you can. You are a special man, Tyler. I pray that God continues to grow you in areas where you are weak, and teaches you that you have such beautiful things to offer. Something that I have never told you: I think that you do have such beautiful things to offer, and other people would Love to see that. I think you should get out and put yourself out there to people more, insofar as God permits you to. People do not really know the real Tyler like I do and I really want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment