Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

People: Nick Brown

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about Nick Brown. Nick, I first met you at the beginning of my freshmen year, coming to my door to see if I wanted to come to bible study. You did not know it at the time, but your pursuit of me did wonders for changing my perception of Christians and who they were. You showed Love to me in the way that you used your resources to bless me, even long after you had obligation to do so. You would always give me a ride wherever I needed to go, and that did not fail to impact me. You always had me over and your apartment became for me a place of refuge for two years. We got into each other's lives, challenging each other, be it ever so gently. You were quick to cook dinner for me, something not many people have done, and there were times when I needed that more than ever. There were times where we just laughed together over nothing, and even my junior year, as our target areas grew distant from each other, each of us still made time for the other. You made a disciple out of me in how you took me under your retreat-planning wing, showing me all of what it takes and now I have been able to pass that on to younger guys, your presence still being felt in IV. Even my freshmen year, when I was flaky and inconsistent, you continued to invite me to things and challenge me in the ways that only you could and that did so much for me. I Love you, Nick because of the way that our friendship was long-lasting, even culminating at Jordan's wedding where you showed Love to me. I always had a special place in my heart for you for what you did for me freshmen year at a time when I needed it so much, but also for what you continued to do in and for me. Our relationship did not always look the same, but I have very much missed your presence in my life, Nick. My prayer for you is that God teaches, or continues to teach if He has been, you the beauty and importance of His word and grows you closer to Him, drawing you into His presence while you are in Egypt, teaching you to treat Him as He deserves, as God. I also pray that you would care about God above and beyond everything else in this life. Something that I have never told you: I think that you did not get accepted to Stint because you did not have an active time in God's word at the time. It obviously all worked out for the best though.

No comments:

Post a Comment