Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 23, 2013

People: David Salazar

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post goes to one of my favorite Salvadorians-David Salazar. David, you were one of my best friends freshmen year and I am very thankful that we have remained close ever since. I first met you at a pancake outreach in Anacapa and at the time I assumed you were going to be like so many other of my friends. A few days later we were facebook chatting and you said, "Cody, I want to know what God is doing in your life." At the time, that was exactly what I needed to hear. I was an insecure freshmen who did not like Christians and you gave me permission to get to know you and get into your life. That was unprecedented in my life and it sparked a beautiful friendship. We walked together, we prayed together, and you Loved me; as an equal, as a peer, you Loved me, and that was so rare for me in my life at the time. Ever since then we have continued to grow together, often challenging each other but always walking with each other. We have often been sassy with each other, and have lived somewhat different lives, but God has given me a lot of grace in being able to share with each other deep, challenging parts of our lives with each other. Our relationship with each other has been a beautiful example of what a healthy Christian relationship looks like: it is something that has given me so much joy and brought me a lot of comfort, occasionally our sins have gotten in the way, but we are quick to bring it up and settle it together. I think that the work that you do in and for Destino has been a bigger blessing to this campus and to IV than most people have realized. God has taken you through the ringer these past four years but you have continued to pursue Him and allowed Him to work through you in the important, transformative ways. David, I Love you very much and you have been a blessing to me and I cherish our relationship and the way you point me to Christ very much. You have taught me how to be more open with myself towards people and the importance of opening up to guys, and appropriately to girls. I pray that God continues to strip you of the indecent parts of you and push you towards Him. I also pray that God grants you the grace of beautiful friendships and a desire for community. Something that I have never told you (or perhaps haven't): I used to have bitterness toward you at the start of our sophomore year because I assumed that our friendship would have been what it was our freshmen year, and it simply was not. God helped me to realize that that was not at all because of me, but because of things in both of our lives, and now I Love you so much and I am so thankful that God gave me the grace of forgiving you. I Love you buddy, and look forward to our continuing beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment