Total Pageviews

Monday, June 8, 2015

People: ZBG

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about a man with merely 3 letters, ZBG.
ZBG, your friendship has been such a huge blessing to e over the past two years. The day that I met you we prayed and worshiped together and I feel like that set the precedent of our friendship. I have doubted what many people think of me and experienced many friendships wherein the other person has not given back to me, but none of that has been true for you. You have always not only pursued me but pointed me directly back to Christ. I have always appreciated the way that you have loved me. your grace in my life is unparalleled and you have never treated me with anything but intense kindness and care. More than that, you have been open and honest with me and that is an easy way to get close to me. ZBG, what I have loved so much about our friendship is the way that you have listened to me and been eager to hear what I have to say, and it has given me such a space to be open about my life and my faith with someone who loves me. You have helped me to think well and have a discussion, giving me room to be myself. When I think of you I think of someone who does not desire his own glory, but you do things for the greater good. This is not entirely true, but you have taken much of what has happened to you in stride and have not broken down. I have seen you pursue friendships in order to make them great.
ZBG, I think that you do well at knowing your limits and being up front about them. You do not try to do more than you are able to and that is a rare quality in men these days. You have given me such a huge dose of grace and shown love directly to me throughout the duration of our relationship. I appreciate your willingness to go on walks and talk, get lunch if I am hungry, or be challenged if that is what I want to do. You have put up with a lot while constantly forgiving me when I transgress against you. I have needed your pointing me to Christ everytime that you have done it and your sober-minded way of looking at the world.
ZBG, there is so much more that I can say, but for now you will have to settle for me thanking you for the friendship that you have been so willing and at times eager to give to me and me letting you know that I love you. I can see myself loving you for a very long time and I hope that that vision comes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment