Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

People: David Haynes

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about the voice himself, David Haynes.
David, I was so surprised to see that I did not write about you the first time around I did this, but I am also thankful because now I get to write anew about you. I am so thankful that I have known you for so long and have had the privilege of seeing your growth first-hand, and our relationship along with it. Many people have known you for your voice but I have seen your faithful character, your humble spirit, and your joviality. The reality is that you care about people David, and you care about people well. For as long as I have known you this has been true of you and the more you mature and become a leader, the more this is who you are. When I think of you I think of somebody who shepherds people well. We have always had a relationship that you are someone that I have a special type of love for you. Something that I think that you do very well is rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. You have a quiet humility about you that speaks so much louder than anything you can say, which is saying something considering your voice. You are so much more than your voice. The reality is that you have a certain magnetism about you that draws people in, but not only do you not abuse it, but you use it to love others well.
David, there is so much that I can say about you. Every time that I see you I get such a deep dose of joy and I always look forward to getting to see you. I hope that I get to continue to stay close to you. I needed your friendship so much last year, and your consistency in my life was so appreciated and so necessary. I do not think that I will ever be able to tell you what your friendship means to me adequately and what getting to lead you so directly for two years means to me.
You are a stud David, and while all of this may sound gaudy, you have become a trustworthy, faithful man and someone who leads and loves very well, and it is an honor to be among those that you love. I love you buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment