Total Pageviews

Friday, June 26, 2015

People: Levi Miller

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about my brother, Levi Miller.
Levi, it has been said that a man's character is in some part dictated by the people around him. I believe this and because I believe this, I am so thankful that you are in my life. You inspire me to be a better man in so many ways. You are a man of principle, and in an age that we live in that is so rare. One of the reasons that I love you so much is because you have so much life and energy in you and it is not so much that that is not the case for me, but at times I feel worn down. At times I feel like I have no energy and that I am not living up to my position or potential, and you consistently encourage me. Everytime that I spend time with you I am refreshed. I feel like you listen to me well and give me room to talk about the things that I enjoy and thrive in. Additionally, I enjoy listening to you as well because I think that your ideas come from a good place and that you think differently and outside of the box. I have come to realize that you see people as having intrinsic value to them, nobody is not worthwhile for frivolous reasons. One of the greatest compliments that I can give to you is that you are someone that I actually want to influence me because I think that I will become a better man through it.
Levi, this year I have needed your friendship so much. Many times I have spent with you and they have been some of my favorite days from the past year. I can confide in you and trust that you have my best interests at heart. The only thing that I feel like I do not have enough of is time with you, and you are a friend that I really hope will be in my life for a long time. You listen and love well, and it is so prudent to see someone who is not complacent with the type of man that he is; you seek to understand yourself and better yourself, not be ok with who you are. This is something that I too seek. You have been like a brother to me for much of the past year, and I have often failed to reciprocate the type of love that you have shown me, but I have been trying. I also am able to feel love for you, something that I cannot say for many people these days, and that alone encourages and challenges me.
Levi, all this to say that I could not in this small space hope to parlay what you mean to me. I am inspired by your desire to live simply and share and give what you have to others. I hope that I have been a positive influence in your life and I appreciate so much your love and friendship for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment