Total Pageviews

Friday, June 12, 2015

People: Troy Yamasaki

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about one of my favorite Asians, Troy Yamasaki.
Troy, let me start by saying how refreshing it always is to spend time with you. You are a man who constantly and consistently seeks to love Jesus and make Him known in your life and the lives of those around you. Without you my life would be much drier and though we do not always spend time together, even knowing that you are in IV to labor with me is so very needed. From the time that I met you I have had the blessing of being able to be something of a mentor to you and I am so thankful for that. You have loved me well for three years now and given me a place to be open about myself, my weaknesses, and most of all my faith and thoughts thereof. You have shown so many the love of Christ by what you have done and the way that you have acted and continue to act. Something that has been confirmed as true over and over is how considerate you are and how caring you are toward you friends. You have long been one of my favorite people to pray with because I think that you are much more intentional in your prayers than most other people that I know. Most everything about your faith is refreshing Troy, and while you are not perfect, that is a fact that I believe you understand and seek to change.
Troy, I consider it a blessing to be your friend, and knowing you often feels like knowing a celebrity, but not because of some arbitrary, vain reason, but because you have made it your mission to love people well. That does not go unnoticed, even though I know that you do not do it for the notice. For so much of last year, your faith kept me going and gave me a reason to stay strong. I have seen your commitment to Christ, even when you do not know what that looks like, and it has encouraged me to stay sinless. I appreciate that you seek to be obedient to Christ and that is something that I do not ever want you to lose.
Troy, I have spent some great times with you in the past, not just little times, but also big times like both of our birthdays over the past couple of years. I appreciate every moment that I get to spend with you, and while I have not been a perfect friend to you, I am so appreciative that you have had so much grace on me. I love you Troy, and I thank you for the impact that you have had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment