Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

People: Jonah Erickson

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about a dear friend, Jonah.
Jonah, over the past few years you have been such a big encouragement to me. You are someone who thinks through things well and does not act merely upon instinct, but you seek out what is honestly best, and that is such an endearing quality to me. You are a man of principle, an ethical man, a dying breed today. As well, one of the ways that you encourage me well is by being creative, which goes back to helping you think through things differently. You also critique well. At times it has felt like I am talking with myself when I talk with you, and you always make it a point to listen well to me. I have always had a good time with you and you have helped me through some difficult times. It is encouraging for me to see someone who loves so well and loves so many well. You also care deeply about Christ and for Christ and there is room in our relationship to discuss things of faith as well as our relationship with a loving King. You are a rare breed Jonah, and you have done some work on my heart, whether or not you realize it. It is great to be able to share a friendship with you.
Jonah, you are one of the people who encourages me most to be a better man, in so many ways. You are never satisfied with the status quo. You have sought out life and you have sought out me. I am so thankful for you and I want to make sure to continue to pursue you. I need you in you my life. You are a good influence on my character, I do believe. Jonah, there is not enough that I can say about you, and you bring life to me.
Jonah, you impress me with the life that you live, and I am so excited to continue our friendship. I thrive on your childlikeness mixed with your maturity. You are a man and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment