Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 18, 2015

People: Bloodbath

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about my shortest friend, Bloodbath.
Blood, before I stayed with you those two months, I had no idea that we were going to become so close. Really, I needed your friendship so much that summer, more than I could ever properly explain. It was a difficult summer in reference to what exactly I was doing, but my blossoming friendship with you made was easily the best thing about that summer. I miss you very much and I still plan to visit you sometime when I can because I feel like you and I are kindred souls. I enjoy hanging out with you so much and you are so low maintenance. You love food and I feel like life with you was so simple and yet so enjoyable for me. You allowed me to see the world in a way that I was not accustomed to seeing it in, and that type of impact on my life is invaluable. We also did not need much to become friends, but one of the things that appealed to me most about you is that you had a desire to mature and a willingness follow suit. You are more of an adult than most people I know, especially in the way that you take care of those around you that you care for and in the way that you see the world. Life was not always easy for you, but you grew from that and overcame the difficulties; that is so inspiring to me. So much of who you are inspires me to be a better man.
Blood, you are a great man and a great friend. I have enjoyed all of the time that I have spent with you, even though I feel like it has been far too brief. The memories that I have to think of that we have spent together are so fond and pleasant, as is that period of my life, and you played such a large part of that. Somehow you are more mature than most of your friends, which is not surprising, but you are also more mature than most of my friends, which is saying something. You have your head on straight, and you are destined to lead a life that matters and a life that loves others well.
Thank you for your friendship Kyle. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment