Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2015

People: Jamu

I have been out of college for two years now. A lot of people have impacted me in those two years and I figure that it is high time that I start to tell them how they make me feel. I am focusing primarily on the people that I did not get a chance to thank in college but have left their imprint on me since. I have no target number to compete, but I need to inform people that they have loved. Considering that I have grown less emotional since college, this project does pose its problems; have grace on me please. This post is about my German brother, Jamu.
Jamu, to say that you are a brother to me is an understatement. I met you in my kitchen, and from the moment I met you I instantly enjoyed you. I have known you for less than a year and yet in that year you have been able to impress me with who you are. People have consistently thought of us as brothers, and I am always glad when people do because you are such a brother to me. You are a joy to have around in every circumstance and situation. You have shown a resiliency and your willingness to hang out in a wide variety of situations is refreshing. You are polite and considerate and you always wanted to know how you could include me in what you were doing. I appreciate that. I met a lot of international people this year, but none of them are quite like you. You are a man in the most accurate sense of the word, strong and a good leader while simultaneously emotional and loving. In my life particularly, I needed your friendship this year. You listened to me and I loved coming home to see you there. You are like a brother to me Jamu.
I appreciate your openness as well, consistently giving me room to think and process, and although you made your work a priority, you also made life a priority, going out of your way to do different things. Not only did you allow me to be open, but you have always been open with me about your thoughts and the way that you feel. One of the things that I most enjoy about you is that I am able to be with you in a variety of different events; eating, a sunset walk, getting mcflurrys, celebrating the holidays, talking at dance parties, and going up into the mountains to get tri-tip. I have so many pleasant memories with you, yet our friendship is by no means over. I want you to be a part of my life for years to come because you are a special type of friend and man and individual.
Jamu, thank you for loving me so well and being such a good friend. I love and appreciate you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment