Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fatigued, Imperfect, Hectic Beauty

IV was beautiful this weekend. Friday was probably the most ideal weather you could ask for. Warm, sunny and an area right next to the beach on a friday. Everyone was outside enjoying it in one way or another. It was literally crazy how perfect the weather was. The next day IV showed what else it had to offer weather wise by throwing out a foggy, misty saturday, completely unlike the day that had preceded it. It was really nice just in a completely different way. Sunday was a unique combination of the two of them, creating yet a third type of weather. All of it was undeniably beautiful, the way only IV can put fourth. People were outside, the critters were amok, and classes were a thing of the recent past.
However, I was also abnormally tired throughout this weekend. It was the most tired I've been in a quarter and a half. For some reason, maybe the perfect weather just sapped my strength, or maybe I just had too many nights filled with not enough sleep, but it culminated in an hour and a half nap on sunday because of my extreme fatigue. My eyes felt so good when closed.
Despite all of that I noticed an interesting phenomenon this past week: imperfection. I had been in a sort of haze, I suppose, a good haze wherein I have been completely enamored with my community. My community of beautiful sophomores whom I love so much have for a half a quarter appeared to me as perfect. This week changed my perception and I started to see their glaring imperfections, including my own. I started to see that it was not all as I had perceived it. For whatever the reason, it definitely means that I am falling more in Love with them. I just Love them so much, with my heavily fatigued, unbelievably hectic, imperfect love. I still see them as having such great beauty and Love them more than I knew I was capable of, but I have almost humanized them in one sense or another. I guess at periods past in my life I would have considered this a negative epiphany, but at this point I consider it as beneficial. Only my God is perfect and Loves me perfectly. These sophomores love me imperfectly, and I find them so beautiful because of it.
Treats of the week: made several batches of the oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies. I also made peanut-butter banana chocolate-chip muffins that were quite good from what I hear.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

1 comment: