Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

State of the Blogger Address

This is my first ever state of the blogger address. I figure Easter is a good time as all things have been made new today. Basically I just wanted to use this space to inform you all of where I am at. I write a little about myself in each post, but this is more personal and intimate, an exercise in vulnerability. So, here goes.
It's Easter 2011, and this is undeniably the most unique Easter of my life. I am experiencing a lot of firsts and mosts in my life right now. I am more vocal about my faith and it is more real to me than ever before. This is the first time in my life that I can classify myself as a decent cook and a good baker. It's also the first time in my life that I am considering taking a break from what I am good at-baking. Ask me in person if you want to know why I am thinking about that. This is the first time in my life that I consider myself having a really good community of Christian brothers and sisters, and non-christian friends, that I really love and am thankful for. I am easily more confident now than I have been ever before in my life.
I legitimately feel like an adult right now, something that I would not have been able to say any other easter. I am in such a beautiful place, that makes it so easy to love life and love people, which I do at a higher clip than ever before. I see things more differently than I have on any other easter, but I could probably say that any other easter. I am less reliant on other things, like people's opinions and other things that usually I desire and cling to and instead I just want to find my all in all in God.
My Biggest peace right now: God. Especially right now, how can I say anything else? He consistently gives me peace and proves himself again and again.
My biggest struggle right now: Friendships. It's a weird thing to say I struggle with, but I have an unquenchable desire to know people more. I am jealous, of people's relationships and friendships and right now, although I know that I should not, I should be able to find my completeness in God, I do. My desire to know people more than I do is infuriating because it makes me feel like I am not good enough or perhaps that there is something wrong with me that people cannot talk more with me, or perhaps just do not. I Love getting to know people, who they are and the depths of them, yet for some reason I do not. And for that, I am regretful and apologetic.
Ultimately my biggest point in this address is that I hope my overly-analytical nature will recede a bit and the part of me that is a servant and relies completely on God wins out. Isla Vista Chocolate will inevitably be kept up weekly, and if you are reading this I want you to know that I Love you a lot and I want to get to know you more and serve and Love you as best I can.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment