Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Start of Something New

Yesterday was Easter, the day that all things were made new. Today is a new day, and in a large way it feels like it is the start of something new. It is officially phase 2 of the quarter-I usually break the quarter down into three different phases, phase 1 is weeks 1-4, where the quarter is still new, midterms are not in full swing yet and people are still having fun, phase 2 is weeks 5-8, the oh crap this college stuff is hard part of the quarter, and phase 3 is weeks 9-to the end, the time to buckle down and have no social life part of the quarter. That means today is the first official day of phase 2. There are some things that I really need to do this phase (Declare!, start support raising, take care of fin aid, write a few papers). But overall this new phase just feels new. I noticed it last night as I was putting phase 2 to bed, this really does feel like something new. There are a few things I will be looking forward to this phase (A week from today, more baking, more blogging). My body doesn't feel new, I am more sick today than I have been in a long time, and my shoulders are a bit burned from this past weekend playing volleyball, but my mind and my spirit feel to a large degree free and refreshed and ready to do things that I have been putting off until phase 2 started. The day after all things became new, the start of a new phase with a new energy and a new desire all embody me. I feel like many many distractions have been lifted and my head is now clear. I Love this feeling. I know that God loves me so much and has my best interests at heart and it feels great being reinvigorated. I also decided to start a new weekly post the format of which will be a surprise until Thursday, but it is something that you do not want to miss.
IV peep of the week: Saw a guy riding a unicycle while holding a boombox that was playing reggae music. My favorite IV peep of the week.
Restaurant of the week: I hart Seoul food. Loved the Korean food I got there and the food wasn't overly priced. I still want to try their burritos though.
Treats of the week: I went cookie crazy this past week, making Peanut Butter, marshmallow, chocolate-pudding cookies that were to die for on wednesday, oreo truffle-stuffed chocolate chip cookies on wednesday, and oreo cheesecake cookies on saturday. I was a busy baker again last week. Love you all.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment