Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pain, Nerves, and Dust in the Wind

They're doing an unbelievable amount of construction in IV right now, narrowing streets, bisecting streets, and generally making all the IV patrons' lives more difficult and irritating. Because of that, there has been a ton of dust in the air. A lot more so than should be considering we live right next to the beach. I suppose it is not something I should really complain about, but whatever, I am blogging after all.
At the same time, I have been in a lot of pain for a lot of different reasons this week. At various points throughout the week, my hand, finger, foot, ankle, back, and shins have been in great pain. And considering my run-in with stomach pains earlier this quarter, this has been a very physically painful quarter so far. Again, probably something that I should not be complaining about, it is just an interesting set of circumstances. I feel like I live in the Wild-West with all the dust in the air. Now, there's no denying that this weekend featured super beautiful weather, but the dust was still quite the nuisance.
At the same time as all this there was an event that happened this week which made me very nervous. I am not going to say what it was, but I was more nervous at that point than I have been in a really long time. My hands were very shaky, even more so than usual. I'm glad that that event is over with but it was definitely worth it.
All this craziness happening and all these events whose sole purpose it seemed was to solely make me less joyful, it did the complete opposite. I felt so joyful this weekend, and this past week, despite all the madness. I've been delivered from all of the madness and pain and, even though I might deal with it seemingly nonstop, God delivers me from all of that and allows me to be joyful despite it all. I Love Him who first Loved me. I'm excited for what this week of Isla Vista Chocolate looks like.
Treats of the week: I was a busy baker, first started the week with a batch of brownie-stuffed cookies, and brownies. Later I made strawberry and cream muffins which were quite delicious, and later made blueberry chocolate chip muffins. Quite unique. I've gone a bit cookie crazy lately, and I have a feeling that that is not stopping anytime soon.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

1 comment: