Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bubbly Weakness

So spring break in IV has come and gone, and boy was it raining. It was revealing, filled with prayer and a healthy dose of baking and cooking. Very few people were left here, and a few of the highlights were dog sitting for a day, sleeping at the MANsion, and being bored with Kyle Marchand and his brother. Already only a few hours into this quarter and I can already tell that spring break and spring quarter have distinctive feels. There is more of a sense of urgency in Spring quarter whereas there was not during spring break. Summer is looming just ten quick weeks away, and that brings problems and idiosyncrasies of its own. Summer is something that most people look forward to-improved weather, no school, fewer responsibilities. However, school's relatively easy, the weather is always gorgeous here, and summer means I am officially half-way done with school. No fewer responsibilities. Also, I am spending the first half of summer in Santa Monica and I am yet to start my support raising for it. Spring Break was a week wherein I, somewhat inexplicably, just got really joyful and bubbly, hence the name of the post. I guess I just got a better understand of God's grace and thus became so much more joyful realizing how blessed I am by God's grace.
Despite the realization of God's grace, it is still a bit ominous, all the summer hijinks. Then I read 2 Corinthians wherein Paul says that we should be thankful for our weaknesses because when we are weak God's power is made perfect. By being weak and not really knowing that much about support raising or how this summer will look, it's perfectly ok, and even better than ok because it will give God more glory because I am so weak, God is made perfect, and I will settle with that at any time. So yeah, I may be apprehensive and weak in this area, but God' power will be made so perfect that it is just all the better that I am weak.
Treats of the week: made homemade mac and cheese this week. Also made blueberry pancake muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, and banana chocolate chip pancakes. I also made double-stuffed oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. And yes, that's as delicious as it sounds.
Good Luck and Good Eats as this quarter gets started.
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment