Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Finals Week & Quarter Highlights

It's the end of the quarter that means it's finals week. I've noticed that IV gets pretty deserted during finals week, and especially my house-people leave to the library to study or to a friend's house, or the Ucen, or some other place, not to mention more and more people leave as the week progresses. It's pretty interesting, but I personally like the little change in IV every end of the quarter, seeing it deserted, quiet, and peaceful, three words generally foreign to IV. I mean, the beach is always deserted, but IV is usually packed, not to mention loud. The change is nice is all.
All things considered it's been a good quarter with a ton of understandings come to and a lot of events, it wasn't deserted at least. Over the past week I've been mulling over some of the highlights in my head: Baking A TON, the success of OLF, the utter failure of OMBOM, taking my first philosophy class I didn't enjoy (lower divs...), going to Slo back to back weekends for retreats, seeing snow, plenty of birthdays for other people, handing out muffins, studying with Bryce, meeting a bunch of seniors, saying goodbye to a bunch of seniors, learning more about what Love is, PRAYER, growing my goatee out temporarily, getting to know the men of plex, unit A really well, a 70's dance party was in there, right?, more than a couple trips to the beach, dodgeball again, laughology again, getting hooked on sliders my attempts to be more encouraging, attending Reality regularly, Blogging again!, waking up in the middle of the night from snoring, learning to season meat, playing a ton of basketball, memorizing philippians, watching soooo much clipper basketball. Most of all, my favorite memory of this quarter (and there were many more I forgot) could be summed up by one word: sophomores. Hanging out with more sophs and getting to know them better, it's been real good.
Treats of the week: I made many treats this week-Raspberry, White-chocolate chip muffins; banana, peanut-butter cup muffins; pumpkin, chocolate-chip muffins, peaches and cream muffins, and thai-fried bananas. And peanut butter cookies with chocolate glaze.
~Good Luck and Good Eats, my friends.
Cody

1 comment:

  1. The food sounds delicious. It was great getting to hang out with you this quarter.

    ReplyDelete