Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Haunted Hangover

Halloween was last weekend. Well, actually it was last Monday, but IV always makes it into a weekend. Plenty of out of towners were here, Freebirds made wayy too much money, and my housemate threw up in his bed. It was smaller than last year, by many accounts not much bigger than a normal Friday night, just less clothing. Afterward, specifically on Tuesday, I was walking home with a friend and Isla Vista was strangely silent. I noted to him how uncanny it was and how it could only be because of the massive halloween hangover that IV must be collectively feeling. An epic weekend come, and gone. And what is IV, the people, the business, the physical place, left with that it has before? Regret maybe, perhaps an enjoyable weekend of memories. I guess that the ultimate answer to the question is simply nothing. An entire weekend that this quarter has been building to in IV is passed and IV is no greater than it was. I think understanding this would be to the great benefit of the people here. They go out every weekend, thirsting for something so much deeper than this place can offer them weekend in, weekend out, trying to fill an infinite void with things that are finite instead of eternal. They are empty, and cannot be filled by what they want, but only by what their souls really long for. Or rather, who their souls really long for. I am thirsty, just like they are, probably more so, panting like a dog tired from catching frisbees, unable to find anything that will fill my thirst. Until I find Him. His blood has satisfied me because it traded places with me. He willingly took my place, up on a cross, bleeding, beaten, bruised, bashed, but all the time, donating to me, His pure, righteousness. I guess this post turned more into a digression on what I wish the lovely, and they are nothing else, people of Isla Vista really truly understood, what I wish that they would just give a chance to at least. IV needs to experience true life, to the fullest.
Restaurant of the Week: Cody's Cafe, on hollister. I was able to get an omlet, with extra pork verde sauce, hashbrowns, and biscuits and gravy for 9 dollars. My kind of meal most definitely.
Treats of the Week: Peanut-butter snickers brownies, pumpkin cream cheese chocolate chip muffins, and some strawberry white chocolate chip cookies.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment