Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Finding Myself Thankful

It is Thanksgiving today, a day designed to inspire thankfulness. I am currently writing this from a beach city, unbelievably beautiful weather, uncontrollable joy. How can I possibly express my gratitude? Thanksgiving is a day of introspection, whether you want it to be or not, Thanksgiving means looking inward and determining what you are thankful for. So, that is what I have done, looked inward, deep down to determine what I am most thankful for. There is much that I am thankful for, especially considering what I deserve: nothing, or less than. But I have been given so much more. God's grace simply reigns down on me, all around me. I Love it. I have so much, not Earthly, in that case I do not actually have much. But in The Kingdom, I have been given much: forgiveness, true life, community, a friend, savior, and King. Unfathomable Love and a spirit who lives inside me. I cannot accurately describe how thankful I am for all of it, how thankful I am for and to my God. Especially for people; He has given me so very many people to be thankful for. I guess what I am trying to get at is that I am overwhelmed by the Love of my King, and by how He has showered me with oh so many good things. Celebration, that is a word I would use to describe my attitude. He has given me even just a weekend with no people, to meditate on all of His good and perfect things. Not material things, understand, "a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions", but eternal things, God and people. I am so in Love with God and so thankful to Him. That's what I am feeling today: the gospel working itself out in my heart. I just hope you understand how truly truly blessed you are.
~Good Luck and Good Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment