Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Isla Vistan Advice

So, this has been a couple of long weeks. Good, just quite long. I think one of the most notable things that happened took place while I was talking with Pirate and another homeless man. We got, somehow, onto the topic of my future, and Pirate asked me what I plan on doing when I graduate. I told him that I am not really sure and he suggested real estate. I told him that I am not really sure about that, and then the other homeless man mentioned just taking life one day at a time. I think this is a good example of how I live my life. Everyday that I wake up is a new day. I mean, it is a pretty obvious statement, but one that generally most people ignore. I generally do not think very far into the future, nearly at all. I would not want to live that way though, but rather I enjoy far too much the notion that if I have a stomach ache, the next day is a new day. If I do well or poorly on a test, the next day is an entirely new day. No matter what happens, no matter how many regrets life throws at me or how poorly I sleep, tomorrow is still a brand new day. This can sometimes not be as good, like in the cases of days I enjoy so much, but ultimately it is a more refreshing concept than anything else. Tomorrow I plan on making cupcakes with a guy in my bible study I'm very excited for it. I have a slight stomach ache tonight, looking forward to that hopefully dissipating.
I will say that the most intriguing and refreshing part of this way of looking at life is God's grace. God's grace is new and refreshing everyday. Never does my sin linger, never does it stay with me. Never does my hurting and shame and guilt prevail, and God has new plans for me everyday. I am so very much more thankful than God's grace than for anything and everything else. It is everything and nothing else means so much to me as God' grace and loving kindness that renews everyday. I honestly cannot believe it because it definitely seems too good to be true. But, it is not. He renews and restores my soul every morning and I cannot properly describe what that means for me. Thank you, my father.
~Good Luck and Good Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment