Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Understanding What I Teach


For much of this quarter I have been praying to trust in God more. I need it in Isla Vista. It is expensive to live here and classes are not the easiest thing in the world. Plus there is so much pain and sadness that I feel continually weighed down by it all. I think that I have been doing better at trusting God, things previously killing me now bring me peace. Additionally, I have been speaking lately with a friend of mine about how when she teaches on something that is usually what God reminds her throughout the week. Well, this week I taught on faith in discipleship, and I think that now that I have been getting better at trusting God, I need to understand faith more. Faith goes so much deeper than people think it does. There are so many variables in my life right now. Yes, a part of it is trusting in God, but really, I just need faith right now, so much. I need to just put it all in God's hands and have faith that He will take care of it all. I think that a way that we understand things better is when we teach them. Many of my professors get a better understanding of their material when they are able to verbally process it in front of a class. Despite all of the unknowns (future, finances, relationships, bible studies in flux, the future of the movement), I know that Who my faith is in. My identity, in all of its totality, is that I am a child of the living God. Nothing else matters to me anymore, nothing can take that away from me. It costed a lot, but has already been paid for, and I did not have to pay for it. Sometimes it feels like I have to get out of my own life, out of my own skin, away from everything, and then I remember that my savior is always with me, always taking care of me, that it is no longer my shoulders that everything rests on, but His. He brings me peace, He makes my paths straight, it is because of Him that I can even live. Please Father, never leave me. I could never live without You.
Restaurant of the week: Pattaya Thai food. Great tasting food, and not far from IV.
IV peep(s) of the week: This one goes to the two girls strangely doing a fire dance in their front yard this past week. IV never ceases to amaze me.
Treats of the week: Just chocolate, toffee cupcakes with more than a couple frosting mishaps made for someone very special to me.
~Good Luck and Good Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment