Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

Graduating...Trevor Crown

I know several people who are set to graduate in about a month. I would be remiss if I did not take some time to talk about what they mean to me. I have been so impacted by these kids, and I feel that it is high time to tell them. This post is about a future Gator and current friend, Trevor Crown.
Trevor,I have had the blessing of being friends with you since your freshman year. Since basically the first time that we spent time together we just got along and there has always been such an eclectic mix to our conversations. I have always been glad that I was a guiding force throughout your years at UCSB. You are going to go on to such great and wonderful things and I know that you left your imprint upon me. You once cried while talking about the impact that I had on your life, but truth be told you so deeply impacted me with your humor, your voice, your ability to include me and just what our friendship looked like. It was so nice to have someone that I could be deep or shallow with. It will sure be hard to be here without you next year, my boy. I still remember when you asked me to disciple you and I knew that we would only grow together after that. You have such a good spirit about you, and I encourage you to continue to admit your weaknesses and inadequacies as you have become much better at. I also remember vague answer Trevor and how I had to wear you down and encourage you to answer me directly and truthfully. But most of all I will remember the things that really make you Trevor-the spiritual network, the silly faces you would make toward me in bible study, the subtle ways that you love and care for the people around you, your crazy schedule, the way that you are good at keeping in contact with a large number of people. You are a friendship that I do not intend to lose, and I desire that you continue to change me and give me cause to think about the world differently. You are going to be successful but because of hard work and not because of natural ability, which you have in abundance. I could go on forever, really because the more I write the more beautiful I realize that our relationship actually is. I love you, Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment