Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Graduating...Jeff Felker

I know several people who are set to graduate in about a month. I would be remiss if I did not take some time to talk about what they mean to me. I have been so impacted by these kids, and I feel that it is high time to tell them. Starting with the Captain, The Burger Master, Jeff Felker.
Jeff, when I first met you is was at the starbucks' social your freshmen year and you were this young engineer. Since then I have seen you grow so much. You have struggled at times and at times been joyful, but God has steadily grown you. You are a man who has personally blessed me in more ways than I can count and I just want to take some time to thank you, Jeff. You have been a special type of friend to me for a long time, and it is amazing to me how easily people feel accepted and loved by you and the way that you go out of your way to love people is noticeable and worthy of emulation in my view. Your understanding of the gospel and the Kingdom of God has grown so much and you are more and more becoming a man who is unwilling to water down the gospel for anything or anyone and that very much excites me. I think that you will continue to do great even beyond college wherever you end up simply because I saw you rise to every occasion in college. Yes, there were times when you struggled and cried and we simply just had to watch the office because we were both sad, but you have used that and you know that you have used that. In addition to all of this, Jeff, you have always listened to me and been open with me, ever since I have known you. You have not only listened to the advice that I have given you, but just listened when I spoke as well.
Ultimately, I cannot thank you enough, Jeff for the man that you are and I want to tell you that I look up to you so much more than you know and consider you as better than me in so many areas. You are a great man who is great because God has made you great. Continue to pursue Christ even though it is so hard to do, and He will give you the desires of your heart and make those desires for Him. Continue to practice generosity , hospitality, and most importantly Love. I love you, Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment