Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Graduating...Freddy Hicks

I know several people who are set to graduate in about a month. I would be remiss if I did not take some time to talk about what they mean to me. I have been so impacted by these kids, and I feel that it is high time to tell them. I am cheating for this post because it is about a senior who is not actually graduating yet.
Freddy, you are one of the good ones. Your time in college has not been one of the easiest, and you have grown accordingly. In all honesty, I am so proud of the man that you are and are becoming. I still remember your first bible study with Hiney and me, and how hard it was to get you to commit since then. Now, you are such a skeptic in the best way, and you understand well the importance of getting time with Jesus first and making sure to let Him sanctify you. You want to do right by God first and I appreciate that. I am proud of your persistence that, despite not being handed things right off, you have had to work to see things accomplished. That work has produced a mighty character within you. One of the ways that you have blessed me the most is that you have pursued me this year. It has been a year and you have frequently texted me just saying that you want to hang out and people do not really do that much with me. You have always been available and this year most notably you have been intentional. God has grown our hearts together and I am thankful that He has and that there are parts of me I see in you that I am really thankful about. You are a man of integrity and a man who seeks to bring others together and helps people feel like they are accepted and loved. Freddy, you are someone that I can trust others with and I would not hesitate to have you lead any number of things. I encourage you to continue despite things often getting difficult, because your reward is unseen.
I love you, Freddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment