Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Love is Lordship

Continuing on in my series on what Love is, I have realized that Love is lordship. Humans are naturally self-consumed and self-obsessed, which you may push back against, but I would tell you to look inwardly and outwardly and try and fight back against me. An implication of this is that we are biased and have a very narrow view of things, and we need people to tell us what the best way to do things is. We need to submit to those that we love.
Looking at what Love really is exemplifies this further; Love is fighting for the best for the beloved, even when they do not know what that is or are fighting against their own best (another ill humans often are guilty of). Something we must do then, is contend lordship for those that we love and those that Love us. If lordship is too harsh or difficult of a word in this, then replace it with the word authority. Once again, I am not quite getting out what I am thinking exactly as I should, but my point is that I believe that if we love someone, that admits us a certain amount of lordship over their lives. The reality is people just do not tend to know what is best for their own lives, so we need others to speak into our lives. Often, the most qualified people to do so are those who love us and those whom we love.
Examples: Parents love their kids, kids know this and therefore permit the parents a certain level of authority and lordship over their lives. Spouses permit their significant others to have authority over their lives. Now, you could claim that these examples signify the most intense types of love between people. But even a friend will take another friend's advice over a stranger, even when it is difficult advice. Furthermore, I would claim that if you love someone, you are obligated to take some level of authority over their lives, even if they may not want it, you are obligated to pursue their best. That is hard, on all levels, and it is not what love is portrayed as or shown to be in our culture, but I believe that that is what true love for someone is.
All things considered, I believe that love has as an essential component lordship. This goes many ways and is different in many situations. Again, I apologize for the lack of well-written prose in this post, but I was trying to form my thoughts as I wrote them. I permit you lordship enough to forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment