Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Faith, Despite...

I will have faith in the Faithful one,
despite what the numbers say, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite my own deceitful heart,
despite a summer that has renovated my heart, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite an apathy that I have discovered this summer,
despite poor work ethic, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite the need for a miracle,
despite my thoughts that betray me, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite the people who have not believed in me,
despite my own faithlessness, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite the waves,
despite a lack of contacts, I will have faith,
I will have faith, in the midst of finding a new faith,
despite the emptiness of sin and everything not of God, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite the programs that with which I try to manufacture it,
despite this world telling me to give up and give in, I will have faith,
I will have faith, despite the faithlessness of others,
despite what my heart has told me this summer, I will have faith;
I will have faith in The Faithful one to raise my support because He has proved Himself more faithful than the morning, proved Himself more faithful than the rising sun, more faithful than the chairs I sit in, more faithful than every other thing that I have faith in, I will have faith in the Faithful One because He has asked me to do so, and ultimately because it is all I can do, is trust the One who has never failed and who is not about to start.
Thank you, oh my father.
"The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment