Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What Have you Been Saved From?

This is the question that has been buzzing around in my heard the past few days. I have been listening to a few things by Leonard Ravenhill, a man who knows who he is and what he has been saved from and to. Of course, I also purport to have been saved, I frequently say that Christ has saved me and that I am better off because I am with Him, but from what have I been saved? One of Ravenhill's main tenants is that if I am indeed changed by the love and life and death of Christ it should show; my life should look differently certain than beforehand but also different than those around me. I have the Spirit of the Living God inside of me, and that should affect my entire life. I have been saved, but if that is ever just something that I say and not something that is noticeable than there is something entirely wrong. If that is just something that I say and change is not immediately noticeable than I need do some very serious heart searching. The reality is that I want "eternity stamped on my eyeballs." I have been saved, from a worthless, valueless, purposeless, jealous, lustful life, swayed so easily by simple, fleeting pleasures that hold no real meaning. I have been saved to the man that now writes these words. I in no way deserve it, but I have been saved from so much, changed, sanctified, or should I say being sanctified into perfection. I will never get there, and I am certainly no there now, but I desire death, not physical death, but I desire to be held with a man who died, a man who gave himself up for my sake. The scandal of Grace. I desire to put to death my sin and live as though it has lost all power in my life. I desire fire, fire does not need to be advertised, it does not need to be exclaimed, it draws people in, draws people to itself. I do not want to draw people to myself, but to Him, the real heat source. I have been saved from so much. And my prayer now is enunciated so accurately and appropriately by Ravenhill:
"You know, if we can’t live as a different breed of people on this earth, we have no right to live here. And if we get back to a people who are really baptized with obedience, submissive to the total will of God. Not concerned about human opinion, not asking for more to spend prodigally on ourselves but say, “Oh God, I want this life of mine adjusted so when I stand in Your awesome presence.” As James says – we shall not be ashamed of His appearing."
I want to be of Christ, to spend time on my knees to Him. Oh that I would understand this more, that I would value Him so much more, that I would Love Him so much more, because the simple fact is that I have been saved, saved from tangible sins to heaven on earth, life abundant lived now.
So, what have you, reader, been saved from? Surely you have been saved, and from what? And if you feel as though you have not been saved, understand that you can be, it is offered free of charge, you need simply accept it. Free for you that is, it was more costly than anything else. You can be saved. And believe me, it is Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment