Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Long Side of the Blanket

I apologize that I have not posted in so long, I have been knee-deep in job applications. Anyways, a side effect of being tall is that in bed I always have to make sure that the blanket is the right way. The short side is across my body, and the long side is down my body. Often I will take a few minutes at night to have to adjust to find the long side of the blanket to be more comfortable. I guess they just have not had the wherewithal to make large, square blankets.
That's what I have been trying to do my first half-week here in Santa Monica, trying to find the metaphorical long side of the blanket. Trying to take something that only kind of fits, and adjust it so that it fits well. I have met so many new people and experienced things for the first time, many things. There's one word that has become indicative of the type of adjusting I have been doing: glee. Glee has softened to the point that it is nothing more than a campy tv show in our society, but it evokes so much more: pure utter joy, exuberance. I have experienced so much joy in being here, even though there is a high degree of uncertainty and much more still to be left done, there is only one emotion that I can possibly say: Glee. I am just so giddy being in Santa Monica, being able to interact with the locals and those that I have met. It has been a crazy half-week so far, filled with lots of new faces, and interesting people. I look forward to the rest of the 7.5 weeks that I have left, and hope that the Glee continues.
Santa Monica Peep of the week: Wayyy to many to count. More to come on that next post.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to hear more about Santa Monica and possibly visit!

    ReplyDelete