Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Frustration and Peeps



I used to think that IV was unique. Then I came to Santa Monica and saw all the different groups virtually vying for control. You have the street performers, trying to make a habit by displaying impressive if sometimes unusual talents, the foreigners, flying in from all over the world to the city of LA, the homeless people, just trying to find a place to lay their heads, the rich, unhappy with all of the aforementioned groups, and then there's us, trying to minister to them all. There are just so so many unique people that contextualizing both ministry and business becomes extremely important. What's more, there are so many different world views and conflicting opinions, it makes for an atmosphere of excitement and diversity, whether it be a man who makes money by putting on a puppet show with a little skeleton puppet, a man from Ireland on his way out, or my next door neighbor.
The frustration comes in that I have once again injured my ankle, but once again seen the kindness of people in reacting to it. They only want to help me, keep me off of it, make sure it heals quickly and expediently. The frustration itself it then two-fold: feeling like I am not able to properly reciprocate that Love back to them, and being temporarily hobbled. I have felt so much Love for these people, and feeling like I am not able to properly or completely give that Love back to them is, admittedly, frustrating. As well, having to stay off of my ankle and simply rest it instead of being able to continue my job search or even go downstairs much is exceptionally frustrating, especially in such a wonderful place as Santa Monica.
The only solace I have in all of this is God: His perfect Love for me is casting all of the fear out of my heart and sanctifying me and I know that He would not have brought me here, to this place, without having a plan for me, and if that plan involves a sore ankle, I am all for it.
Good Luck and Good Eats everyone.
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment