Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Worship

What do I do when my mouth runs dry,
when the sounds coming out of my mouth commonly called 'words' cease to be sufficient?
What do I do when I am unable to even spit the words of praise out of my mouth?
I stand there, a grown man, overwhelmed by His amazing Love for me,
trying to sing, to scream, to somehow speak the phrases, "How He Loves us", "He is Jealous for me", and all the others that have such power,
when all I can do is just
weep,
bitterly.
Led by the spirit, I find myself shaking,
utterly unable to hold in the intense emotions,
I let it go, weeping, crying, laughing from pure joy,
all at once, when suddenly it hits me,
somehow,
though I feel like I cannot control myself,
though this is a man standing with emotions rushing through his heart,
though those around me probably feel uncomfortable,
though everyone in the room is ringing with praise for Him,
though I am racked with
sin,
He somehow, somehow, looks at me
and smiles.

1 comment: