Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Sadness and Weakness, Again


I have a case of Christmas sadness. Not that I am sad about Christmas itself, quite the contrary-this Christmas has much to look forward to for me, what with the NBA starting, Bad Blake Banging on people, all that aside from seeing three brothers and two nieces that I have not seen in a year (since last Christmas break to be exact), and having lots of time to devote to prayer and time spent with my father. All of that leads me to desire Christmas very much to be hear tomorrow. However, the sadness that comes with Christmas, perhaps sadness is not as good of a word as say, anxiousness, comes with leaving this place. Call me crazy, but I love going to school here, living so closely with a loving community, being able to grow, and get a better idea of what it looks like to live out my faith. Whenever there is a break, as I stated when Thanksgiving break came around, I actually end up dreading everyone leaving Santa Barbara. This place is my home, and where I feel God, and have experienced the most growth with Him. I always miss my community so much, and I feel out of place back in the valley-my heart is in the coast lands.
That being said, despite all of my weaknesses, my anxiousness, my impatience, my lack of faith, my ignorance, all of it allows my God to receive more glory, and do so to the utmost. I therefore, find myself currently with a Paulian attitude, thanking God for my weaknesses. Although I do wish they were strengths, I honestly thank God for my weakness, for all of those areas that still beckon me to grow. I realize now that anyway that I can give my savior more glory, even if only in my own eyes, is an area I should be thankful for. I am just so thankful that next quarter features so many unknowns, and I currently find myself like Peter, in the middle of the ocean in a boat, his Lord calling him to step out of it. I have to get out of the boat, excited yet frightened, all the while keeping my focus on the King and not on the waves. When I do this, the waves will become like concrete and I will be able to stand up under them. Until then, God's glory and perfection will fill in all of the little gaps that my weaknesses leave.
IV Peep of the week: The group of people that I was able to scare, accidently, just by moving. The girl ran off screaming, thinking I was a ghost or something.
Restaurant of the week: South Coast Deli (IV). Although I think they are overpriced, if you do get a sandwich, they are quite good. No complaining about the taste here.
Treats of the week: A berry-biscuit cobbler, a peach cobbler, and I think that about rounds out this week's treats.
~Good Luck and Good Eats.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, and I pray that you can continue to grow with God over break!

    ReplyDelete