Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SMSP Thoughts and Learnings


Dear SMSP,
"Thank you so much.
Thank you for teaching me, loving me, rebuking me.
Thank you for revealing to me that I have trouble feeling forgiven;
thank you for revealing to me that there's grace when I fail.
Thank you for coming from all over the country, Virginia, Chicago, Arizona,
Hawaii, to Love me.
Thank you for the relationships that will last and for what those relationships have shown me about others and about myself.
Thank you for growing me,
thank you for showing me
what a lifestyle of evangelism looks like.
Thank you, you 63 students, for becoming a community;
you could have surrendered, given in to the assaults by the enemy,
but you all fought as soldiers,
you fought against attacks, against dreariness and weariness,
and you fought hard and harder at times to build a community of people,
tuned to one the Tuner and so tuned to each other.
There hiccups, there were rough patches and gossip and silliness,
but those all are covered over by just a 6 letters:
Christ.
He covers over it all, all of our mistakes and sinfulness He erases.
His Love covers over our wrongs and makes our community what it is:
a unified, safe, place of growth and evangelism.
So, all I can say to Christ and to all of you is thank you,
for making more bold to proclaim and Love Christ.
You all now have a part in my story and
in my Love."
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment