Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If you could go Back...

...would you do it again?" That's the question that I have been contemplating recently. If I could go back and do my summer over differently, would I have? Or, would I have still spent two months of my summer in Santa Monica, skipping out on adventures in SB, baking, and seeing people that I need to see here? These are questions that have been running through my head lately. Truth of the matter I have not been to SB since I left for Santa Monica and I miss it dearly; I cannot wait to get back. It is my home after all and I would love to spend a summer there, something that I am yet to do since starting school. Also, there was so much pressure on me in SM, from a community, from an organization that employed me, from myself. I felt more into God than ever before and yet still, despite it all, I find myself wondering these days, if it was all worth it, if I would trade a summer in the safety of the community that I know to devote two months to God and live in a place that I have never before been.
I think that the answer to all of these questions is that I undoubtedly would have done it the same as before. This summer, although there were many down sides, missing out on things and I think that I cried more those two months than I have in a long time, I felt more accepted than ever before, purely for who I am. I made friends who loved me, just because, out of the depths of their heart. People that I can come to and , I hope, who feel like they can come to me, for anything. I realize though that these people are no different than my family in SB or in Glendora or anywhere in between. The reason that I felt so loved and accepted in SM was because I finally felt accepted by God. I finally understood that I will always be unsatisfied with people, unless I am satisfied with God. Now, more so than ever before, I am.
Treats of the week: I've made a ton since my last post. Inception cookies, chocolate cbbler, peach and nectarine cobbler, blueberry cobbler, banana chocolate chip muffins, peanut-butter brownies. It's been good getting back in the game.
Good Luck and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment