Total Pageviews

Friday, January 16, 2015

Meditations on Thankfulness: Day 9

"Thanksgiving enables us to be fully present in each of the moments of our lives and, at the same time, be fully present to the eternity which is crashing into those moments (for those who have eyes to see). We have the ability to resist the culture of despair by bearing witness to life and hope! Cynicism loosens its smugly fearful, icy grip, warmed by winds of thanks."

This will be my final day meditating on thankfulness. To be honest, I need to move on. When I started this project, it was just something that sounded like a good idea to me. It was a good idea. But thankfulness is no longer what I am focusing on. Perhaps I will choose another meditation next, like discipline or maybe joy. Perhaps I will take a break. This was a very enriching project partly because I had no idea where it was going to take me or what form the thankfulness was going to take. I figured that for this final post, I would go over some of the lessons that I learned. However, if you want to do that, you can simply go back and read the previous posts.

I will however, leave with a final note: thankfulness is vitally important and vitally under-appreciated in our society. Again, I was going to explicate this further, but this has been what this whole project has been about, and I need not tread where I have already journeyed. I will say that the reason that I am moving on is because I am not currently passionate about an attitude of thankfulness, or at least writing about it and thus I am currently unwilling to give it the effortfull thought that it requires. But I am excited for two things: that I stuck to this project and to see what my next project will be.

I do hope that you learned something from this; actually, scratch that, I hope that you grew and became a better person through my subtle, gentle meditations. If not, it was still a healthy project for me to do. Thank you for reading if you have.

This has been the 9th and final day meditating on thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment