Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pressing In

It's time to press in. For many of the residents of the no longer sleepy town of IV, it is time to press in, to school, to parties, to the business of crashing classes, biking to work, and trying to find time to eat. The first week of the new quarter always promises to be a hectic one for sure. This is no less true for me than for any. In the midst of a Monday, I crashed a class, had two other classes, baked O'Henry Bars, planned and lead a bible study, stopped by a surprise party for a friend, helped a friend find someone to move his bed, and went to talk to another person about logistics. All of that in a day, and do not misunderstand me, I am not complaining, I am celebrating, celebrating that people are back again, that a community is intact, and most of all, that a Savior Loves me.
For me, it is a different kind of pressing in. It is not pressing in to parties, to classes, to new majors, to prospective futures, to a girlfriend, none of that. It is pressing into God. I recently watched a sermon that I was introduced to by my dear friend Frisco. In it Dominic Balli, a popular Christian Reggae artist, talks of his story and where God is leading him. I resonated with the message of it overall, which was to press into God. God is analytically faithful; He cannot not be faithful or it would undo himself. His name is Faithful. Therefore if we press into Him, chase after Him vigorously with reckless, reckless abandon, never losing sight, then we will see new things and discover true life. It will not always be easy; it will not always mean having nice, modern amenities or clean clothes or new shoes or even meat. But it will mean purpose, something we all inherently seek and long for. Pressing into and trusting in God with all we have means purpose and true life. That is what I want. So I am purporting to press into God this quarter, not just to lean on Him, but to clutch Him, and not fall, to trust in His unfailing faithfulness. It won't be easy, but it is Life.
Treats of the week: The aforementioned O'Henry Bars, Crepe Cupcakes, Peanut butter hotfudge cupcakes, and caramelized pineapple cupcakes. I suppose you can say that I've been on a cupcake kick lately.
~Good Luck and Good Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment