Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Swiftness of Change

I've been meaning to write on this for a while, but it has definitely been reinforced to me lately. I have noticed it in abundance lately, how quickly time brings change to things. It happens with many things, almost everything as a matter of fact, and it really just blows me away. It makes the ground more shaky and everything around me seem far less stable. At this time last year I could not tell up from down in a kitchen; now I am considered to know my way around. This time last year I lived with eight other guys; now I live with less than half of that. Two months ago I was in Glendora; three months ago I was in Santa Monica. Soon I will be done with school. All that happens so fast, but even in the little things change comes like a fierce storm. People come and go from jobs like nothing. Businesses pop in and out of Isla Vista like candy canes at Christmas. Even the days themselves seem not to want to stick around for very long. I know it may seem like all of this is obvious or as they say in my area of study, apriori knowable, it is worth stating because of the severity of the truth of it. Last week I had a class that I do not have this week. All of these things just change so quickly.
It all makes me wonder what the solution to it is, what can give life its meaning and purpose again, when change blurs that notion? The answer is a simple, three-letter word: GOD. God's all-loving, never-ending character is so peaceful given it all. His assurance of always being there for me is what I have to hold on to. It gives me peace and rest, and without it the whirlwind of change would seemingly push me to a place I don't want to be. Now I am left with just one sentiment: gladness.
IV Peep of the week: I have to use this as a shout-out to the homeless people that I have been hanging out with in IV: Q-tip, richard, carrie, goofy, and pirate.
Treats of the week: Just a cobbler and a pizookie, not much else but more to come this week.
~Good Luck and Good Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment