Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sex, Sermons, and Baking

Sex, Sermons, and Baking

That's right, I'm actually posting on a Monday, try and hold your excitement.
Anyway, this has been a long, pretty intriguing week for me in IV. It started last Monday which included me seeing a hidden, all-female boxing club while biking on DP. It saw last Sunday on which I was again riding my bike on DP at night and I saw some girl standing, holding a giant stick-like appendage, standing as still as a statue. Those are just some off the oddities that occur while biking throughout IV. For me, this week was characterized by sex, sermons, and baking. The baking was probably the most delicious, yet the least integral part. I baked some orange, blackberry scones, and also some kentucky derby pie and brownies at various points in the week, something I want to start doing more of, baking. It's a new hobbie that I have I have picked up and had a chance to practice quite a bit this week. Another hobbie I picked up this week is sermon watching. I have watched several sermons in just a few days and have greatly enjoyed it. Most of them have been on Manhood and Marriage and it has really helped to learn more what it means to become a man and it has been so good to hear and experience. God used it to teach me so much about what it means to lead a wife and be a man of God. It is so much more than I thought it was, and I feel like I am much better prepared and view many things quite differently after God talked to me through sermons and through other people this week. I would encourage others to do the same thing because it will definitely help anyone to learn more and gain more desire for God.
Like I said, many of the sermons were on marriage and with sermons on marriage inevitable come sermons on sex. I have heard much about sex within marriage this past week and I also attended UCSB's veritas forum, a speaker talking on sex, in relation to Jesus. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was still quite the talk, and an uncannily appropriate adjunct to the week. All in all, it was a strange yet illuminatingly growthful week. Just another helping of Isla Vista Chocolate.
Restaurant(s) of the week: I tried two new restaurants this week, Chino's Rock and Tacos on Pardall which has some great deals during the week on Mexican food, and it was utterly packed when I went there. The other was South Coast Deli in Goleta, which had exceptional, high-quality sandwhiches. Certainly not the biggest portions, but the food is very good and the ambiance was also very unique.
As always, good Luck, and Good Eats
~Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment