Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

443 Dollars and an Electronic Failure

I know, I'm not posting this until Tuesday again, but my Mondays keep getting busy, and I don't think anyone is waiting in anticipation, so whatever.
Anyways, two major events this week while living in IV (I'm not counting the underground women's boxing club I stumbled upon while riding my bike at night, maybe more to come on that next week). First off, my laptop, which had Windows XP on it, just decided to stop allowing me to log on to the internet this week. Turns out I had a virus, so frustrating. Thankfully, IV (And UCSB) is full of extremely unique people. It seems like each person is quite different from the others with their own distinct stories. One such person is my dear friend Punya who worked for Intel for a good deal in his life. The man knows his way around a computer like Oscar Robertson a basketball. Not only did he fix up my computer, he gave me Win7, so advanced it feels like I'm in the future. The imperfection of my computer was transformed into something so much more beautiful and precious.
The other interesting event that took place this week was that while browsing the financial aid website I discovered I got an ACG grant for an additional 443 dollars this quarter, extremely unexpected, but oh so nice. It's interesting because ordinarily I do not look at my financial aid mumbo-jumbo during quarters, only at the beginning and end, and yet, there it was. It was just God's way of telling me that despite my lack of trust in Him, instead of disciplining me He instead blessed me and taught me a lesson that way. He took my imperfections and turned them into something beautiful and precious, just the way Punya did with my computer. So nice to know that God does this, and that IV is so unique that I can count on more adventures to come. Just more Isla Vista Chocolate.
Restaurant of the week: The Habit Grill. Great burgers, a little pricy for combos, but overall very good food.
~Good Luck and Good Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment